The Humble Journey
I have created this blog to gather all the information that I learn. I believe that life is a journey, henceforth, stepping out of one’s boundaries is one of the best way to learn. I want to step onto the stuff that I don’t know that I don’t know (does that make sense?). However, knowledge becomes less useful if one does not share it with others. Therefore, my purpose is to share with you readers what I learn and maybe you can share with me some of your knowledge as well.
I would like to add that my writing is far from perfect, and I would even dare to say that is not any good. However, I am trying to get better and learn new vocabulary as I write. Please, bear with me.
I will try to post twice a week, with a one month recap at the end of the month. The posts shall be as short as possible, with a little bit of details, and maybe what I can do with the knowledge I got. I think that is it.
If you would like to know more about me, keep reading forth else you can click here for the blog or you can click the blog link on the top right of this page.
Thanks for spending time reading here. I value your time and I hope to hear from you.
Quick life summary
My name is Giao Nguyen. I was born and raised in Liège, Belgium on the 4th of July in 1988. I moved to the United States in July 2008. Due to my lack of the English language, I could not start college right away. I spent my six first months learning English through books, and YouTube videos. I earned a BS in International Business at the College of Charleston and currently working as an IT support specialist.
What are my hobbies?
- Martial Arts: I believe that martial arts help in the development of oneself through physical and psychological activities. I am currently enrolled in Wushu classes at the moment. I have also practiced a little bit of Aikido, Katori Shinto Ryu, Karate and Wing Chun.
- Video Games: I believe video games can be a stress reliever, a way to learn new social aspect and also a way to enhance one’s psychological and physical capabilities. I currently play League of Legends and Guild Wars 2.
- Learning: This should be pretty obvious.
What can I do?
- Speak different languages: English (ESL), French, Spanish, Dutch and Vietnamese (although I feel like I am losing the last two)
- Stepping out of my comfort zone
- Learn and research
- Slay dragons (kind of)